Tuesday, April 8, 2008

So How Do I Feel About It?

Overall, I'm pleased with my book. There are still a few things I'd change now that it's all printed but they are all minor and I usually feel this way anyway.

I took the plunge and tried binding myself. I figured I should probably save money while trying my hand at perfect-binding at home. At the same time, it is not as pristine looking in its form than it could have been had it been professionally bound, but if the squirrels can't hire someone to make their dens, why should I?

This has definitely wet my appetite for book design. I'm already thinking of other books I'd want to make.

It was a good process. Most of my time was devoted to making the illustrations, which is kind of weird to think about now, because I see the illustrations now and don't think of all the work put into drawing them as I skip through the pages.

No comments: